Field Service Technician: A+ Certification Required
Tupelo, MS 38801
The Field Service Support Technician is an entry to intermediate level hardware Field Technician whose focus is on providing quality service for our clients through billable client servicing of hardware warranty and maintenance issues and the timely delivery and installation of new products.
Location: Travel will be expected in North, MS and Southwest, TN. MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide a high level of in-house and on-site service for clients by resolving technical problems.
Responsible for repairing, installing, and maintaining equipment and conducting moves/adds/changes to hardware product.
Conduct on-site upgrades, configurations, and testing of client’s equipment.
Coordinate service request for the installation/de-installation of new equipment
Maintain knowledge of new technologies and vendor offerings that are cost-effective and optimize client satisfaction.
Maintain appropriate records and documentation of service work performed and ensure timely communication with supervisor concerning service status and potential issues.
1. Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining technical information to non-technical individuals. Strong presentations skills.
2. Demonstrates a clear and succinct writing style for the purpose of completing status and project documents.
Problem Solving: Consults with the manager as needed for problem resolution. Problem-solving abilities are moderate, requiring some amount of ingenuity. The incumbent is responsible for providing on-site technical field sales support through the installation of the product, on a timely basis to meet client needs. Incumbent provides bench support and maintains a high level of training proficiency and current product knowledge. Incumbent maintains appropriate parts requirements and inventory levels for assigned client territory. Incumbent must complete accurate configuration and assembly of the product.
Project Management: Ensures that service orders and client requests are completed in accordance with the supervisory direction.
Position: Entails a moderate level of team-work. The work requires that other positions are involved in getting the work completed. Incumbent interacts extensively with clients to share information and to perform service work as requested by the client. Incumbent interacts with vendors to learn product offering and specifications.
General Business Office Environment
1. Required to load, lift, move, and deliver product weighing up to 50 pounds.
2. Position requires working in the following positions for extended periods of time: working overhead, climbing, bending, kneeling, and stooping.
Please review all requirements before applying to this position. Submit resume to Recruiter.email@example.com
QSS IS EOE
- Must have a valid drivers license - Required
- Must have A+ Certification - Required
- Printer/copier experience