Field Service Mechanic
Harrisonburg, VA 22802 | Service Technician
To perform various repairs and schedule maintenance inspections on equipment based on customer demand & provide complete customer satisfaction in a polite and professional
- Effectively analyze problem situations pertaining to breakdowns of customer equipment and recommend action necessary to correct situation to customer.
- Exhibit a professional demeanor; promote goodwill between the company and customers by providing a superior level of customer service.
- Perform necessary repairs and/or modifications to correct or change analyzed situation in a productive manner.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on equipment for contracted customers according to the company policy.
- Prepare necessary documentation relating to each service call in a neat and accurate manner.
- Follow safety rules and ensure that hazardous waste is disposed of properly.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Maintain parts and supplies inventory.
- Maintain work area to ensure that it is clean, organized and hazard free.
- Responsible for providing personal tools required for performing the job effectively and safely.
- Responsible for keeping work area clean and free of clutter and keeping tools clean and in good repair.
- Responsible for following customer's safety and housekeeping guidelines when performing repairs at customer site.
- · Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school education and one to three years of mechanical, electricaland hydraulic experience in a similar environment or equivalent in college or vocational education.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, management and co-workers.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics.
- Ability to read and understand necessary service and training manuals.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and/or demonstrated instructions _
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Ability to maintain a good understanding of industry innovations and product availability in order to make recommendations based on customer need.
- Ability to effectively utilize volt, ohm and multimeters.
- Demonstrate good mechanical and electrical and hydraulic aptitude.
- Ability to perform heavy physical work, exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 20 pounds constantly, performing such activities as climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching) standing) walking, pushing, pulling, lifting and grasping.
- Ability to safely operate drills, grinders, pressers, forklift, hoists, overhead cranes and personal hand tools.