FLC Load Planner
Rome, GA 30161
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of cost effective route solutions while insuring the highest level of customer satisfaction is met. Position will also provide awareness and ideas to those responsible for revenue generation
- Create efficient cost effective routes to meet customer demands.
- Develop routes and stops sequencing through use of Transportation program.
- Maintain proper balance between route distance and load size to accommodate drivers’ capabilities
- Communicate load requisites, routes and schedules with warehouse production staff to facilitate order selection process
- Use internal reporting data to break down load by zone (s)
- Coordinate with operation teams to maximize equipment capacity and equipment turns, improve overall cost of transportation
- Enter data into Transportation log once load is finalized with transportation vendor
- Maintain data in Transportation log to keep everyone informed
- Coordinate fleet capacity needs with the transportation vendor and plant operations
- Coordinate back haul opportunities and schedule pick-ups
- Communicate load changes, cancellations or reassignments to appropriate departments
- Maintain new customer stops through validation of address, parameters and constraints
- Coordinate routing efforts with federal, state, and local DOT guidelines
- Make recommendations to delivery/operations staff for future enhancements
- Assist in file maintenance on customer information relative to address, deliver times, equipment restrictions, delivery days, etc.
- Maintain a positive work environment; communicate to all internal and external customers to meet business objectives
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- MUST HAVE 2+ years of data entry and customer service related experience
- High School Diploma required
- Business/Logistics degree preferred
- Knowledge of transportation industry preferred
- Prior routing, scheduling and/or dispatch experience
- Ability to understand and follow instructions
- Ability to transfer knowledge and train others
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and work independently or within a team
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft, Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and AS400/I Series
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem solving, organizational skills, strong interpersonal skills to work well with a variety of personalities and individuals