Experienced CMM Operator
Flint, MI 48504
Experienced CMM Operator for 3rd shift (Flint, Michigan)
- Create programs including part orientation, operational instructions, and set-up; and operates CMM and Hommel to make a precise measurement of parts and documented reports. Analyzes layout, operation and detailed part inspections on CMM and Hommel. Creates and edits dimensional inspection programs for the CMM.
- Creates and edits form measurements programs for Hommel.
- Performs mechanical measurements and reports results using CMM, Hommel, and other gagesas needed for first inspection, investigation of issues, and qualification of parts or tooling.
- Verifies conformance of parts to specifications and drawing measurements.
- Performs detailed first piece inspections of production parts for each line on a daily basis.
- Performs detailed first piece inspections on prototype parts and any other requirements specified.
- Summarizes results on layout inspection reports, communicates results and obtains appropriate signatures as needed.
- Troubleshoots and contacts outside technical support services for CMM and Hommel software or hardware issues, as needed and as directed by the Quality Manager.
- Assists with qualification and validation of new or revised parts for tooling.
- Ensure customer and quality standards are met.
- When out of tolerance conditions are found, immediately contact and communicate to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Comply, support, maintain and participate in all aspects of the Integrated Management System.
- Maintains daily shift maintenance on CMM and Hommel.
- Correctly and accurately complete all documentation in a timely manner.
- Other duties, responsibilities, or tasks as assigned by the Quality Manager