Expense Reimbursement Representative
2119 Berkmar Drive Charlottesville, VA 22901
The Expense Reimbursement Representative has the overall responsibility to deliver the following:
- Demonstrates knowledge and support for GD ethos, Shared Resources’;standards, policies and procedures, confidentiality standards, and code of ethical behavior.
- Reviews expense reports to ensure all required receipts and documents are submitted per business unit policy, and FAR, FTR guidelines.
- Analyzes expense reports to justify that all travel costs are in compliance with the various business unit’s policies and procedures and government FAR and FTR requirements.
- Processes expense reports through the Travel and Expense reimbursement software system.
- Communicates system errors or abnormalities to system administrator and supervisor.
- Maintains daily performance sheets for quality and efficiency for month end statistical analysis.
- Works on special projects deemed appropriate to maintain optimum workflow of the expense reimbursement process.
- Trains other SRI staff in the use of the Travel and Expense software system and policies.
- Acts as a backup for the SRI Employee Service Center representatives providing travelers assistance with use of the system,specific business unit policies and procedures and FAR and FTR guidelines.
- Assists the SRI Employee Service Center representatives in their knowledge of business unit policies and procedures.
- Trains in multiple business units to provide back-up support as needed.
- Assists travelers on how to use the system, and how to submit expense reports. Resolves problems quickly and efficiently.
- Responds to travelers questions specific business unit policies and procedures as well as FAR and FTR guidelines.
- Works on special projects deemed appropriate in the expense reimbursement process.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with a variety of customers.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend and apply policies. Positive attitude about working in a “team” environment.
- Strong Windows based computer skills including Word and Excel.
- Secondary course work in Accounting, Business or other related field desired.
- Fundamental understanding of accounting principals: debits, credits, general ledger.
All candidates are subject to in-house drug screening and background check.