Richmond, VA 23220 US
Lead Estimator (Roofing)
- Direct Hire
- Richmond, VA
- Schedule: Monday through Friday 8a-5p
- Compensation: $75k-85k+ bonus potential
The client is based in Richmond, VA. They are a Service organization operating in the roofing industry.
- Pride in Work: our work is important and needs to be performed at a high standard.
- Exceeds the Standard: we don’t want to be just like everyone else. We want our work to be transparent and we want to do better than the rest.
- No Jerks: we treat people with respect and expect to be treated with respect.
- Care: we care about the work we do, and it should show in the work we perform.
In this position you will collaborate with sales and installation teams. You will also work independently in compiling estimates for both low slope and steep slope roofing systems. We help owners of large asset holdings find ways to extend their roof life through strategic repairs. Our philosophy is to repair first, replace last. This approach creates a high volume of smaller estimates, which leads to a handful of large re-roof estimates. It also requires an estimator to identify roof deficiencies and propose the best way to remedy the deficiencies. That practical knowledge allows us to solve roofing problems that others cannot, which makes us a trusted resource for our repeat customers.
- Commercial Roofing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Construction estimating: 3 years (Required)
- Servicing all types of roofs.
- Extensive roofing knowledge that will allow you to find solutions and create estimates for steep and low slope roof systems.
- Skills that go into estimating; including math, being able to read blueprints, knowing construction processes and techniques, familiarity with local building codes, negotiating with vendors and subcontractors, and using computer programs.
- Having your OSHA 10-hour or 30-hour card would be great, and we’d get you signed up to receive that certification.
- In this position a large portion of your estimates will be generally smaller than 5-10 sq and will seek to provide permanent repair solutions to leaks and other roof issues.
- It is important to have a thorough understanding of the products we use and how to utilize them to identify leaks, their causes, and the permanent solutions.
- Base Salary
- Bonus Eligible
- Paid Vacation
- Medical benefits
- Company Vehicle
- Cell Phone