Clintonville, WI 54929
Exciting immediate full-time opportunity available with America s leading manufacturer of industrial and military grand cargo handling equipment. Their long history of engineering high-quality sophisticated solutions for the most demanding military implementation has earned them a prestigious brand name as the go-to source for its word-class products used by every military branch.The manufacturing engineer's primary focus is to turn raw materials into a new or updated product in the most economic, efficient, and effective way possible. Includes working with various manufacturing sciences and practices including the research, design and development of systems, processes, machines, tools, and equipment.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Develop and improve manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods.
- Design layout of equipment or work spaces to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Determine tooling and fixturing needed for manufacturing process.
- Act as the go to person for production personnel for engineering questions and requirements.
- Work closely with the shop floor on development and submittal of engineering change requests (ECR s).
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Communicate manufacturing capabilities to facilitate production processes.
- Design testing methods and test finished products or process capabilities to establish standards or validate process requirements.
- Design, install, or troubleshoot manufacturing equipment.
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Estimate costs, production times, or staffing requirements for new designs.
- Evaluate manufactured products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Incorporate new methods and processes to improve existing operations.
- Investigate or resolve operational problems, such as material use variances or bottlenecks.
- Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes or engineering procedures.
- Review product designs for manufacturability or completeness.
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Prepare reports summarizing information or trends related to manufacturing performance.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, participate in educational programs, attend meetings, attend workshops, or participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in the manufacturing field.
- Train production personnel in new or existing methods.
- Bachelor s Degree preferred or Associates Degree in Mechanical Design with 5+ years of experience
Shift: Monday-Friday 8: 00am-5: 00pm
Salary: $50-60k but open depending on experience