Rome, GA 30161 | Manufacturing
- Daily operation of the electro-polishing line and the Deionization/Effluent system in a safe efficient manner.
- Produce parts to specifications under minimum supervision while following operating procedures.
- Maintains quality specifications by performing inspections.
- Document actions by completing production, effluent treatment and quality logs.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance and chemical additions to the electro-polishing solutions and cleaners.
- Perform routine cleaning of tanks and equipment.
- Perform troubleshooting and minor equipment repair.
- Maintaining and planning chemical inventory.
- Organizing disposal of hazardous waste according to government regulations.
- Assembly and design of new racking fixtures.
- Maintain department in a 5S state.
- Participate in process improvement and operating procedures.
- Lean production methods for reducing waste.
- Basic chemistry.
- Machine tools, trade related hand tools and measuring equipment.
- Design techniques, tools, and working principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models is required.
- Pumps, pneumatics, hydraulics, presses and feeding equipment, preventive maintenance (PM), total preventive maintenance (TPM), programmable logic controller (PLC) and PC programming is an asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.
Skills: Must be skilled in:
- Running a manual electro-polishing line and closed-loop effluent treatment system
- Reading blueprints, excellent troubleshooting, analytical and documentation skills
- Determining the kinds of tools and equipment needed and watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a system is working properly.
- Self-starter and good communications skills; gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made and asking questions as appropriate.
Abilities: Must be able to:
- Listen to understand information and ideas along with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing so others will understand.
- Visualize and compute dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances of assemblies, based on specifications.
- Excellent technical, chemical and mechanical aptitude.
The ideal candidate must:
- Post-secondary education in related field (technical college, college or university) an asset
- Have mechanical & mathematical aptitude
- Have chemistry fundamentals required
- Have a High School Degree or equivalent GED is required.
- Have 3 to 5 years of previous work-related skills, knowledge, or experience is preferred.
- Understand Solid Works or Auto Cad and EDM experience is desirable.
- Be willing to be trained in Fork Lift, Fall Arrest, Transportation of Dangerous Goods, and Confined Space, as required.