Belleville, MI 48111 US
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety and environmental regulations, keeping abreast of any changes to laws and regulations which impact the organization
- Develop, update and manage workplace safety policies, procedures, and programs
- Conduct audits and inspections to insure compliance with occupational health, safety and environmental regulations as well as internal policies/procedures
- Effectively communicate information to personnel at all levels of the organization
- Develop and implement employee safety training programs
- Conduct required safety and environmental related training
- Lead the facility’s joint health & safety team
- Participate in Lean program activities
- Review all safety incidents to determine root cause and corrective action(s)
- Maintain visibility within the manufacturing facility, providing individual interaction as need
- Promote a proactive, facility wide safety culture
- Perform additional duties as assigned or required
- Strong understanding of environmental regulations, as well as industrial health and safety
- Knowledge of General Industry regulations (OSHA, MIOSHA, ANSII, NIOSH, EPA, etc.)
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, accepting responsibility for facility environmental and health & safety initiatives
- Mechanical aptitude extremely beneficial
- Excellent judgment and decision-making ability
- Computer experience required, with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Access).
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience leading environmental, health, and safety functions within a manufacturing environment
- Experience working with unionized workforce preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with an Environmental, Health & Safety focus strongly preferred
- This position will have one direct report.
- Maintenance of the job descriptions for the salary and hourly team members.
- Coordination of training for salary team members. Assist in supporting training for Hourly team members.