Dump Truck Driver - Full Time - Temp to Hire
Macon, GA 31216
The Driver is responsible for driving a Dump Truck and transferring debris for independent work or as part of a work crew.
- Perform required inspection of Dump Truck, prior to operating equipment
- Drive truck equipped with dump body to transfer and/or transport and dump loose materials.
- Move hand and foot controls to align to Broom Sweeper for material transfer and to jerk truck forward and backward to loosen and dump material adhering to body, upon disposal.
- Perform minor mechanical checks of truck & equipment
- Wear proper and required PPE
- Perform the safe operation of a Dump Truck Driver
- Complete assigned job(s) in the time allotted
- Maintain quality of work
- Track completed tasks and/or routes (per procedures)
- Exercise extra caution during inclement weather
- Report any equipment failures, near misses or accidents to Lead or Supervisor within 8 hours
- Perform all other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent work experience closely related to the field of work.
Valid Commercial Driver s License
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Requires work performed in outdoor environments/Exposure to variable and adverse weather conditions.
Exposure to noise, vibrations, jarring, fumes grease oil & chemicals.
Active, physical work involving occasionally; lifting (50+ lbs), carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, reaching. Frequently; walking, standing, and driving and operating equipment for extended periods of time.
Requires focus adjustment, depth perception, clear close & distant vision. Use of ear, eye and other safety equipment.
Requires regular use of hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms.
Requires regular use of eyes, shoulders & neck to monitor vehicle mirrors & back-up camera.