Director of Operations - E Commerce/Manufacturing
Auburn Hills, MI 48326 US
Operations Leader - E Commerce/Manufacturing - DIRECT HIRE - Auburn Hills, MI
- Salary 110-120K
- Ideal Candidate: Entrepreneurial spirit
- Positive attributes: Have integrated software in the past and have been involved in other another start-ups
The mission of the Director of Operations is to create and lead a world-class manufacturing operation that serves as a fulfillment partner for both internal and external e-commerce customers.
Our client is an entrepreneurial, small company that sells print-on-demand products through various B2B and DTC channels and is a leader in mass-customization production: from one item to greater than 50,000 items fulfilled per day: Its operation requires continual, intensive study and optimization of current and future (to be launched) product manufacturing and fulfillment processes.
- Deliver on all customer SLAs (Service Level Agreements)
- Typical order turnaround requirement is 2-3 days; make-to-order (no inventory)
- Lead and manage all operations personnel
- Optimize and continuously improve all production, sortation and fulfillment processes
- Achieve all product quality and performance target metrics
- Improve on-time fulfillment rates above current level [99.0%]
- Reduce defect rate below current level [0.70%]
- Exceed all customer-defined DPMO (Defects Per Million Orders) operational metrics
- Achieve all operationally related financial targets
- Efficiently control and manage seasonal temp labor force to budgeted levels
- Improve production efficiencies to exceed variable contribution margin targets
- Minimize seasonal capital impacts by smartly planning and managing inventory
- Achieve product launch timelines
- Deliver required personnel, equipment and processes for new product launches
- Contribute as a key stakeholder to the cross-functional product development process
- Optimize manufacturing and production processes for new products
- Stakeholder in technology advancement
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of technology platform enhancements
- Investigate, analyze and present solutions for increased automation and efficiencies
- Integrity. Flawless devotion to conducting business the right way and doing the right thing when no one is looking. Represents
- Intelligence. Perennial learner. Ability to grasp new concepts, technologies and methodologies to create the most efficient operations for the company and highest quality for customers.
- Analytical skills. Ability to view problems holistically and construct analytical solutions. Strong, inquisitive mind that achieves penetrating insights.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Adjusts quickly; ability to pivot (learn) quickly, creates new solutions and continues learning from mistakes. Comfortable doing this daily in an entrepreneurial start- up environment.
- Proactivity. Takes the initiative, doesn’t wait for direction and is a first-mover on their own. Finds new opportunities and pings them to the company; promotes new ideas.
- Strategic thinking/visionary. Ability to think about, communicate and create operational solutions with the big picture in mind – understands both today’s picture and tomorrow’s vision.
- Collaborative. Who wins is less important than achieving our objectives. Give your best to the team and demand the same in return.
- Work ethic. Strong willingness to work hard to accomplish the mission. Track record of working hard.
- Ability to develop people. Track record of leading and coaching people to achieve their professional potential, aligned to the values of the company.