Development Engineer IV
Verona, VA 24482
Designs and develops new products and product improvements by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Advises management regarding technical issues and provides recommendations so that persons without specialized subject knowledge can act or make decisions.
- Provide technical leadership in cross-functional New Product Introduction process.
- Support project management as technical lead, or for moderate programs as overall project manager.
- Evaluates, analyzes, and makes recommendations on products, designs, and cost improvements to improve the competitive position of the company.
- Oversees the procurement of materials needed to construct prototypes and supervises the design engineering of new models.
- Plans and develops test programs for prototypes using Design of Experiments as needed for complex problems with many variables.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if designs meet functional, performance, and safety specifications.
- Approves the selection and qualification of new materials to support model changes.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and recommends cost improvement ideas through product, vendor, and design changes.
- Performs technical analysis of competitive products.
- Provides support to sales and marketing on product presentations and customer support.
- Proposes and oversees the development of new computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.