Auburn Hills, MI 48326 | Engineering
GREAT opportunity to work with a world-renown Manufacturer in the Steel & Tooling Industry!
BENEFITS of a Designer:
- Mechanical aptitude is important since client is designing dynamic tooling; tooling that has to move and adjust from point A to point B.
- Each Designer has a significant amount of autonomy and is responsible for their project from start to finish. The candidate should be a self-starter as there is little oversight only guidance when needed or requested.
- Client’s customer base is worldwide and very diverse. Opportunities and challenges are abundant due to the very different applications presented to us.
- Travel is minimal, typically around 10% a year but will be necessary periodically.
- Client recently moved into a new building in 2014. Our environment is state-of-the-art and we are located in a very dynamic and growing community for leading engineering companies.
- Shop is also state-of-the-art with the latest in CNC, Lasers and water jet. We also are the leader in servo technology within our field. Designing lift assists becomes easier and more flexible because of these internal advantages.
Required Skills and Experience
- Some years of experience in the design field. (Experiences with Ekhart, Ergomatics, Oxbow, Autocraft, SpenTech, HiTech, Dalmec, Kuka (tooling), Comau (tooling), Guardian,etc., would be a plus)
- Preferably an associate’s degree including classes using the software below if we are looking at younger candidates with limited job experience.
- Software experience with 3D Unigraphics NX, Solidworks or Catia V5. (In addition to AutoCAD would be a plus.)
- Have a mechanical aptitude.
- Experiences in the following areas would show promising success:
- Tooling design
- Machine design
- Checking or setting fixture design
- Robotic end effector design
- Shop related experiences with welding and machining
- Will need a driver’s license and credit card to procure a passport. No DUI’s is a plus.
Not good fits
- Product, injection molding and die designers. Product is a static design whereas we design tools that operate like small machines.
We Go To Work For You!
Qualified Staffing offers Full-Time Employee Benefits!
- Medical, Vision and Dental
- Direct Deposit or Pay Card - Full access to online pay stubs
- 6 Paid Holidays*
- Vacation Time*
- Disability Coverage