Macon, GA 31208
Data Specialist/Sales & Marketing
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Regularly reach out to suppliers to obtain new or updated product and price files as needed.
- Compare new data to existing data (as applicable) to monitor for changes, check for discrepancies, and identify necessary updates to the database.
- Format data files according to specifications and complete imports into company databases.
- Link source files to company database for reference.
- Review, analyze, and update system data as requested.
- Maintain records on completed work.
- Support order entry personnel on EDI imports and approval process as needed.
- Performs additional clerical duties as needed, including answering telephones, taking messages, filing and computer data entry as needed.
- Communicates with co-workers, management, customers and others in a courteous, professional and timely manner.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instructions and all safety rules and uses all appropriate safety equipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent, and two years related business or marketing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination and experience.
- Must possess the ability to read and interpret sales documents and reports
- Must have mathematical skills
- Must be proficient in MS Office to include Excel, Word, Outlook *Advanced Excel user is a plus
- Must possess the ability to speak effectively before customers, vendors and employees.
- Fluency in written and verbal English language.