Dalton, GA 30720 US
We are expanding in North America. You will have the chance to immerse in a start-up setting in a 30-year established company to build up functions and shape how things get done efficiently and effectively.
The ideal candidate would have the following characteristics:
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Growth mindset
- Can-do attitude
- Ability to multi-task
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure and capture accurate costing in ERP system
- Collect and maintain cost related documentation and records
- Prepare weekly and monthly material usage, cost and variance analysis reports
- Investigate count variances and resolve issues
- Help to determine the efficiency of company purchasing activities
- Assist with annual budget preparation
- Provide analysis to drive management decisions
- Analyze actual manufacturing cost data and prepare reports comparing estimated costs to actual
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials or manufacturing methods to determine effects on cost
- Analyze and report on utilization of manufacturing equipment
- Estimate costs for new and proposed products
- Collaborate with warehouse to conduct physical inventories and regular cycle counts of raw materials and supplies to ensure accurate inventory quantities are maintained in company ERP system
- Ensure that accurate inventory values are maintained in the ERP system
- Assist with valuation of obsolete inventory
- Reconcile raw material and finished goods inventories
- Assist in month end inventory close
- Minimum of 5 years of Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
- Cost systems background and excellent analytical skills
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Microsoft Office (Database skills a plus)
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail without losing sight to big picture
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics a plus
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost estimates
- Occasionally lifts and / or carries up to 50 pounds.
- Maneuvers in, around, under and about factory and / or laboratory equipment on a regular and continuous basis.
- Some of work time is spent sitting, standing, walking, lifting and bending.
- Works within a manufacturing and office setting and may be exposed to heat and cold.
- PPE must be worn as required.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer