Charlottesville, VA 22901
Are you a positive and active listener? Do you enjoy communicating with others via phone? We may have the job for you! Our clients in Charlottesville, Virginia are hiring for a Collections Specialist apply now!
Overview: Manage a portfolio of past due time share accounts (developer notes). Place outbound calls to delinquent customers as assigned. Collect on past due balances, make payment arrangements, and resolve disputes as applicable. Receive inbound telephone calls from delinquent owners and handle as appropriate.
- Place outbound calls on past due notes as assigned to determine the reason for delinquency, and negotiate the collection of pat due amounts while documenting in the collections system.
- Receive inbound calls and handle as appropriate.
- Take payments over the phone (check by phones/credit cards).
- Set follow up dates/schedules based on call disposition.
- Adhere to all published deadlines and performance goals, including (but not limited to) outbound call goals, accounts resolved goals, work and break time goals, and cash collected goals.
- Conduct minimal research related to delinquency as required or requested. Refer more complex research issues to management within a reasonable timeframe.
- Participate in proactive efforts in order to achieve company, departmental, and individual goals.
- Comply with all safety and compliance policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- High school graduate
- Collections experience preferred but willing to train the right candidate
- Positive attitude
- Active listener ability to convey and understand the comments and questions of others
- Customer oriented ability to have a customer service focused attitude during difficult calls
- Mathematic ability able to add, subtract, divide and multiply
- Self-motivated ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of his/her ability using his/her own drive or initiative
- Time management ability to utilize the time available to organize and complete work independently
- Computer skills basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel
Monday Friday, 8am 5pm with 1-hour lunch Temp to hire if it s a good fit!
$13-15/hour based on call center and collections experience