Marietta, GA 30064
ASSISTANT EXECUTIVE CHEF
- Assist Executive Chef with in-depth familiarity of kitchen s operations and fill in for chef when needed.
- Delegate job tasks to staff to insure efficiency and effective processes.
- Plan and direct food preparation in kitchen.
- Monito the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Assist in staff scheduling.
- Assist in placing inventory orders and various administrative tasks as needed to maintain standards for purchasing, receiving, stocking and food storage.
- Determine how food should be presented and packaged for shipment and delivery purposes.
- Keeps stock rooms, coolers and freezers clean and ensures that food supply stocks are rotated, all perishables are labeled, dated and stored properly.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special projects/orders.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all products.
- Maintains required food handling and sanitation certifications.
- Keeps food waste to a minimum by using food storage and food recycling techniques.
- Understand employee positions well enough to perform duties in employee s absence or determine appropriate replacement to fill gaps.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors to encourage mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2 years of experience in the culinary, food and beverage industry or a 2-year degree from an accredited institution in Culinary Arts.
- Extensive background check and drug test.