Call Center Associate (Part-Time)
Richmond, VA | Customer Service Rep
The call center associate will be responsible for calling and surveying households and accurately entering the responses into a computer-based data collection system. The survey questions typically involve a variety of business, political and economic issues. This job is relatively low stress and requires sitting, data entry, and interacting with people on the phone.
The ideal call center associate should possess the following:
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions, understand concerns, and overcome objections
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment
- Must possess a professional and friendly attitude with the ability to quickly develop a rapport with customers over the phone
- Must have a clear speaking voice, be an excellent reader and have clear pronunciation skills
- Ability to follow set procedures including the ability to read scripts verbatim
- Must be willing and able to sit for prolonged periods (at least 40-50 minutes).
- Ability to learn and navigate new software quickly
The hours available are Monday through Friday 9 am to 5:30 pm, 5:30 pm- 9:00 pm, Saturdays 10am to 6pm, and Sundays Noon to 5pm. This position is full-time or part time. Project based work.
Previous experience in a call center environment is preferred, but not required.