CNC Set Up Tech with experience
$15-17/hour depending on exp. Flint, MI 48504
- Prepare, organize and examine all tooling and materials needed to perform change over, ensure tooling is correct and uncompromised; report any findings to Process Engineer.
- Ensure Tool room attendant is well organized and able to provide timely response to tooling issue(s) that may arise and provide tool support as needed.
- Ensure all control plans, tooling sheets, forms, placards, tags, etc. specified in our procedures and work instructions are up to date and utilized as required.
- Interpret CMM reports and make necessary adjustments as needed.
- Optimize resource utilization and tool room equipment performance while ensuring tools are ready for production.
- Develops and maintains a tooling preventative maintenance inventory program to ensure optimal tooling performance and availability for production.
- Works with the Process Engineer to Define and manage the tool room budget to optimize performance and minimize cost.
- Utilizes 5S as a means of driving the continuous improvement process and ensuring the tool shop is clean and well-organized. Strives to identify and eliminate waste. Utilizes visual management tools and techniques to promote best practice and minimize downtime.
- Works closely with the Process Engineer to drive continuous improvement in product and process particularly leading the effort to improve tooling performance as it relates to part quality and production throughput.
- Observe and comply with all safety environmental, regulatory and statutory requirements associated with his/her job description
- Participate as requested in needs analysis and attend and perform the requirements of scheduled training and educational programs identified for his/her position
- Participate as requested for independent objective auditing activity and support company continual improvement activities
- Assist with continuous improvement, eliminating waste and recommending solutions to problem solving/cost reduction ideas on the tool room.
- Ensure housekeeping functions in work area are performed, including but not limited to: ensuring no trip hazards, organization, cleaning equipment, sweeping, mopping
- Ensure each machine is setup and parts are machined according to control plans.
- Any other duties assigned by Management.
- Ability to read blue prints including GDT
- Must have a basic understanding or ability to learn pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical power sources along with a mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures involving production equipment and its functions
- Must have understanding of turning and drilling CNC processes and cutting tools.
- Must have advance understanding of metal cutting processes (turning and drilling) regarding cutting material selection, speed, feed rate, tool selection.
- Prefer strong interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication
- Ability to plan – determine priorities and effectively schedule work and to function in an organized manner that addresses critical issues and are supported by an effective plan.
- Ability to lead – bring out cooperation, initiative and performance from associates.
- Results oriented only
Apply on-line at www.q-staffing.com and select Lapeer as your branch. If you select another branch, your application will not be reviewed by the correct hiring manager.
Call or text us to schedule an appointment to apply at (810) 664-0573.
Check out our Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/QualifiedStaffingLapeer