CNC Programmer Mazak
Memphis, MI 48041 US
- Machining Activities
- Operation of various CNC machines (mills (5-Axis) / turning centers)
- Operation of various manual equipment as req’d (Gun drill / ream)
- Monitor quality of parts produced
- Set-up various jobs in cell (mills – 5-axis and lathes) (can be trained)
- Technical Support
- Assist in evaluating processes for potential improvements.
- Aid in trouble shooting processing issues. Work with the Manufacturing / Engineering Team to re-solve production issues.
- Provide support and feedback for upcoming programs. Evaluating potential processes and equipment requirements.
- Quality Activities
- Inspection of parts being run to ensure quality and documenting appropriately.
- Assist with ensuring department is following proper Quality procedures and reporting.
- Communicate with Production and QA personnel.
- Additional Support Areas
- Help drive efficiency improvements throughout organization.
- Aid in maintaining flow of production or areas of need
- Ensure area is kept clean and uncluttered (i.e. machines, gauges, tools, etc…)
- Ensure area is kept safe and safety rules are followed. (Address any safety issues with appropriate personnel immediately).
- Notify Supervisor, Quality and/or Production Manager if gauges and/or fixtures are not in good working condition.
- Communicate effectively between departments and within department.
- Promote continued growth and training in department.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience
- Strong Communication and teamwork
- Desire for continued growth and passion for the trade.
- Willingness to embrace and promote change for the betterment of the organization
- Leader by example and self-motivated.
- Skilled at shop math and basic trigonometry.
- Strong Analytical Abilities.
- Strong knowledge of machining, metal-working principles and assembly procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret GD&T engineering drawings.
- Able to analyze and interpret data and problem solve.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and projects.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum (3-10) years of experience in a machine shop environment.
- Experience operating manual and/or CNC machine tools as other shop fabrication equipment.
- Experience setting up and running CNC equipment (min. 1-2yrs).
- Experience / Knowledge of cutting tools properties for proper selection of tooling, holder, speeds and feeds.
- Knowledge of various work-holding methodologies for machining (production and prototype concepts).
- Knowledge of hydraulic fixtures, working mechanism and trouble-shooting a plus.