CNC Programmer - 2nd Shift
1004 S. Michigan Ave Ste. 201 Howell, MI 48816
* Performs all tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
* Reads and interprets blueprints.
* Properly and safely loads and unloads castings and raw materials in CNC machinery.
* Uses gauges and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements.
* Ability to setup, program and troubleshoot CNC lathes and mills without assistance.
* Ability to reduce setup time and machining through process improvements.
* Must be proficient with FANUC controls and have knowledge of or be willing to learn other controls such as Siemens or Yasnac. Custom macro programming knowledge is preferred, but not necessary.
* Understands, interprets and edits FANUC G-code programming.
* Maintains machine program database and revision levels.
* Recognizes, deploys and properly uses inserts, fixtures and tooling.
* Understands and has the ability to perform tool wear offsets.
* Performs daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on CNC machinery.
* Assists in the organization and maintenanceof the machine shop work environment.
* Provides constant feedback and input into process improvement within the department.
* Utilizes and abides by ISO requirements and safety procedures.
* Complies with all quality policies, specifications and regulations and instructions.
* Communicates thoughts and ideas, both verbally and in writing, to co-workers and management.
* Attends scheduled meetings and actively participates by providing meaningful input.
* Organizes daily tasks for Technicians/Engineers and determines overtime schedules.
* Is flexible with time and schedule to assure availability to customer or company as circumstances warrant.
* Communicates honestly, professionally and respectfully with others and demonstrates effective listening skills.
* Five years related experience and/or training or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* High School diploma or GED.
* Computer Skills: Solidowrks, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office software.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals and understand, communicate and execute verbal and/or written instructions that pertain to job responsibilities. Ability to speak effectively with co-workers and supervisor.
* Ability to perform basic mathematical computations, apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Must interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and work with several abstract and concrete variables.