Grand Rapids, MI 49503 US
Are you a professional CNC Operator seeking to heighten your skills for the steel industry? Our client in the Grand Rapids area is seeking a CNC Operator to work closely with the Production, CAD and PM Team, this role is responsible for digitizing and programming all custom patterns and fabrication for production, evaluating specifications and drawings, and gathering all necessary information required to successfully complete the project specified by the client. All projects require 3-axis milling and occasionally will dive into 4-axis milling. The role requires exemplary collaboration with other members of the production team, as well as the sales team. Adherence to all corporate safety and internal policies and procedures is required.
Pay: 18/HR and up depending on experience
Location: Grand Rapids
Shift: 1st 6am-4pm
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong math skills for inputting specific dimensions and figures into the CNC machinery.
- Ability to analyze the information provided on blueprints or other explanatory documents to make sure the final product matches the draft.
- Proficient in AutoCAD.
- Proficient in MasterCAM Software
- Strong computer skills as CNC Operators use computer software to control machinery.
- Understanding of how the machine works and the knowledge of how to troubleshoot if issues arise on the machines.
- Problem-solving skills to detect issues in the creation process and find solutions to ensure the machinery creates the product provided in the draft.
- Proficient in Solidworks or Rhinocerus3D is a plus.
- Proficient with G&M Code is a plus.
- Competitive benefit package provided including medical and dental insurance, 401(k) with employer match, vacation & holiday, etc.
- We offer a fantastic benefits package to all of our employees. This includes healthcare, vacation/holiday pay, and 401K! In fact, these are the same benefits that we offer our Corporate employees!
- Applying for one job with Qualified Staffing is like applying for hundreds of jobs all at once and we only hire for the best!
- We respond to every job applicant within 24 – 48 hours.