CNC Mill Operator
Lapeer, MI 48446 | Machine Operator
The successful candidate would have experience operating a computer-controlled machines to perform one or more machine functions on metal pieces. Experience operating a Makino Mill an asset. Seeking candidates for both 1st and 2nd shifts.
Hours are 4:30 am - 4 pm (1st shift), 4:30 pm - 4:00 am (2nd shift). Must be available for weekend overtime (Saturday or Sunday).
Job responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments
- Mount, align, and secure work pieces on machines, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments
- Stop machines to remove finished work pieces
- Efficiently run production of automotive components
- Maintain the highest level of quality by constant monitoring and measuring the features of the parts produced
- Maintaining the expected level of housekeeping
- Other duties as assigned
- Prefer some training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associates degree. Minimum GED / High School Diploma
- Experience using calipers and micrometers preferred
- Ability to read blue prints an asset
- Knowledge of GD&T an asset
- Basic computer data entry experience required
- Excellent attendance including punctuality
- Must be available to work weekend overtime
Physical Requirements include:
- Standing - The ability to stand at a workstation for 12 hour shifts
- Reaching - The ability to reach at or above shoulder level
- Lifting - The ability to lift and carry up to 35 lb pan of parts less than 10 feet
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer). Arm-
- Hand Steadiness - The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- Hearing Sensitivity - The ability to detect or tell the differences between sounds that vary in pitch and loudness.
- Problem Sensitivity -The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Reaction Time - The ability to quickly respond (with the hand, finger, or foot) to a signal (sound, light, picture) when it appears.
Job Types: Full-time
- Machine Operating: 1 year
- CNC Mill Operating: 1 year