$17-26/hour Lake Orion, MI 48362
CNC Machinist will work in conjunction with the CNC Department Manager to establish tool setups and validate programs for use on 3 and 5 axis machines. They are responsible or the day to day operation of the numerical control machine program development by performing the following duties:
- Works in conjunction with NC Programmers and CNC Department Manager to establish NC tool setups and validate the NC programs for use on 3 and 5 axis CNC machines
- Responsible for complete Numerical Control operation for machining tools, details, and parts
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and policies
- Perform other job related tasks as assigned
Skills, Education & Experience
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skil land knowledge for successful job performance will be considered. Typical qualifications would be
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum five years' experience in conventional machining and/or NC machining practices
- Works in conjunction with CAD/CAM QA departments and NC Programmer Technicians to develop NC Programs for 3 and 5 axis NC machines
- Responsible for Numerical Control Database Management
- Strong Mathematical skills, including the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area circumferences and volume
- Ability to read and understand blueprints including geometric tolerance and understanding of general tolerances and GD&T
- This psotion must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22.C.F.R is required
- Ability to effectively handle tasks in a fast paced environment
- Able to work varied shifts, overtime, and weekends when necessary
- Has confidence in leading processes, projects, and looks for opportunities.
- Ability to work with management team to help drive performance of location
- While performing duties of this job, employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, and airborne particles.
- The employee maybe exposed to vibration
- The employee is occasionally exposed to caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- May be required to work weekends to meet department and business demands
- Work with safe manufacturing processes and understand that eyewear is mandatory in the manufacturing area.
- Knows that safety shoes are recommended in the manufacturing area
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Apply at www.q-staffing.com and select Lapeer as your branch
Call or text 810-664-3127 to schedule an interview
Check out our facebook page at www.facebook.com/qualifiedstaffinglapeer