CNC Machine Operator
Memphis, MI 48041 US
Machine Operator- Direct Hire- Memphis, MI!
$18-20 to start!
- Technical / Floor Activities
- Perform set-ups along with the Manufacturing Technician.
- Assist Manufacturing Technician in writing programs as needed.
- Aid in trouble shooting processing issues. Work with the Manufacturing Manager and Manufacturing Technician to re-solve production issues.
- Check machines daily on Preventative Maintenance schedule required items.
- Keep work area and machines clean.
- Production Activities
- Daily start up and production of assigned turning equipment. (i.e. screw machines and lathes)
- Utilize Production reporting system for quality and production reporting requirements.
- Check parts as specified on quality control plans.
- Ensure work area is situated for following shifts.
- Perform set-ups as per schedule requirements.
- Perform tool changes and record as required.
- Coordinate with Material control for raw stock consumption requirements.
- Quality Activities
- Review Quality Alerts and process books for each part being run to ensure part requirements are being met.
- Ensure part quality and checks are following proper Quality procedures (i.e. utilizing correct checking methods and parts meet print specification).
- Ensure all parts are properly tagged and identified.
- Required Skills
- Familiar with Multi-Axis turning centers
- Ability to read and edit programs
- Perform tooling changes and off-sets
- Familiar with standard quality measuring techniques
- Strong Math skills
- Additional Support Areas
- Aid production manager and Manufacturing Technician in improving efficiencies regarding set-ups and change-overs (i.e. Reviewing planning schedule and order of part processing to reduce set-ups / production time)
- Aid in maintaining flow of production or areas of need
- Ensure area is kept clean and uncluttered (i.e. machines, gauges, tools, etc…)
- Ensure area is kept safe and safety rules are followed. (If an issue arises with complying to safety rules, the Production Manager is to be informed).
- Notify Quality and Production Manager if gauges and/or fixtures are not in good working condition.