CNC Lathe Setup / Operator
St. Clair, MI 48079 US
Do you have CNC Lathe Set-up experience? Are you looking to join a smaller family-owned company that has been in business close to a century? Interested in a 4-day work week?
We may have the position for you! Our client in St. Clair is looking to add to their team!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads and interprets blueprints, planning sheets, sketches, programs and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, setup procedures, control settings and machining methods and sequences.
- Mounts, aligns and secures tooling, attachments and workpiece machine.
- Selects and installs cutting tools in machine spindle.
- Enters commands to retrieve preprogrammed instructions from data base.
- Calculates and sets machine controls to position spindle in relationship to workpiece and to regulate factors such as cutting depth. speed, feed and coolant flow.
- Starts machine to change cutting tools and setup according to required machining sequence or to measure parts for conformance to blueprint specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Enters commands or manually adjusts machine controls to correct malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
- Operates machine manually to perform non-automated functions in an automatic programming is faulty or machine malfunctions.
- Discuss control media errors with supervisor or programming personnel to resolve problems.
- May instruct other workers.
- Cleans machine, tooling, and parts in removes chips for machine sumps when necessary.
- Performs machine, maintenance and repairs as required.
- Uses statistical process control techniques when applicable.
- Interacts with supervisor and or engineering staff to improve productivity or troubleshoot machining.
- Maintains general, cleanliness of work area, utilizing 5S techniques and methods.
- Maintains production records, using time, production cards, layout sheets programs, etc.
- Performs other related duties in assignments as required.
Work Schedule: Monday through Thursday, 6am to 4:30pm O/T as needed.
Pay: $18 - $26 based off verifiable experience
Apply Now or Call us TODAY 810-388-4000
Why Choose Qualified Staffing?
- Industry leading benefits
- Weekly pay
- Referral Bonuses
- Apply just once to be considered for 100s of jobs
- Resume help and interview coaching
- We put your resume directly in front of the decision maker getting you a job fast!