CMM Programmer/Metrology Tech
Novi, MI 48375
Do you want to work in a beautiful new clean-room facility? This is a great opportunity to join a Tier 1 automotive supplier. The company is in launch mode for specialty high-end product.
- Interfaces with Quality, Engineering, and Production to ensure inspection methods, processes, systems, and components are in accordance with customer requirements and the QMS.
- Programs and operates CMM, 3D Scanning, and various metrology equipment and devices. Performs basic maintenance and calibration on inspection equipment; Collects, collates, and reports data results in required formats. Schedule/manage workflow through the CMM and Quality Inspection areas. Supports risk assessments (DFMEA), in-process inspection, and final component inspection.
- Perform CMM inspection of component Fixtures, Gages, and Tooling as required.
- Coordinates calibrations of inspection, measuring, and test equipment with third-party accredited vendors ensuring proper handling, storage, packaging, preservation, and delivery.
- Perform general calibrations and preventative maintenance for quality inspection equipment.
- Approves systems and components for finished product and releasing for final shipping.
- Associates of Science Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in component and systems inspection.
- Working knowledge of APQP, GD&T, Control Plans, FMEA, PPAP, and familiarity with the requirements of TS and ISO17025 certification and reporting.
- Minimum of two (2) years of layout inspection experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience programming CMM machines as well as operation, dimensional metrology, measurement, inspection methods, and calibration.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and applicable specifications.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50+ pounds.