CAD Designer - Compression Mold
Fenton, MI 48430 | Drafting
Our client in Fenton, MI is looking to add a CAD Designer to their team!
This established company of over 25 years manufactures high-quality composite compression molds for the automotive, heavy truck, aerospace and personal watercraft industries.
Great Benefits! 100% Company Paid $20,000 Life and AD&D, 80% Company Paid Medical, Dental, Short Term Disability, and available Vision, Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life, Accident and Critical Care.
** THIS IS A DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY **
Cad Designer - Compression Mold : Prepare, develop, and maintain detailed working diagrams of developed products including dimensions, fastening methods, and other related engineering information.
- Drafting, lay outs, and specification of technical devices, parts and equipment
- Evaluating information to determine compliance with standards
- Analyze design information to assess product requirements prior to initiating design
- Effectively communicate technical information with peers and customers to prepare designs or operational plans
- Use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes
- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical equipment, dies, tools, and controls using CAD equipment
- Lay out and draw schematic, orthographic, or angle views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems, and machines
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed
- Modify and revise designs to correct operation deficiencies or to reduce production problems
- Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components or machinery, using computer-assisted equipment
- Design scale or full-side blueprints of specialty items
Technical Skills Required
- Strong understanding of CAD/CAM Solid Model Software
- Creating and manipulating graphics in programs and other applications
- Creating, editing, and manipulating virtual slide presentations
- Navigate Internet for information including ability to configure standard browsers; searched, hypertext references, and transfer protocols
- Microsoft Office Suite interface and data base software
- A general understanding of Computer aided manufacturing CAM software
- Extensible mark-up language XML
Ideal Candidates will possess at least the following:
- At least one year of direct CAD drafting experience
- Completed CAD Certificate
- Must possess two years of current work history
- Must be able to pass thorough criminal background screening
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen