Marietta, GA 30067 US
- Job location: Marietta, GA
- Job Type: 6-month contract
- Pay: $27.45/hr
DescriptionCreates and issues purchase orders based on end-user requests and/or requirements. Facilitates the procure to pay processes by verifying, preparing, and forwarding purchase orders to suppliers as well as confirming orders and authorizing invoice payments. Assists in establishing requirements consistent with materials and supplies standardization. Collaborates with end-user departments to clarify purchase requisitions, identifies departmental/clinical needs, and refines specifications for future purchase orders. Supports the procurement process for senior and/or capital buyers as requested and/or required.Core Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Ability to determine the correct method to process purchase orders based on total cost, timeliness, and existing contracts.
- Reviews requisitions for assigned service lines and departments for completeness of information and adherence to Purchasing Policies and Procedures
- Process order to procure requisitioned products and/or services.
- Prepares and places Purchase Orders (PO)s according to established policies/processes MMIS/ERP system.
- Ensures processing of emergency or overnight orders as required by service line / departments.
- Obtains recommendations from suppliers for substitute items as well as obtains approval of alternate items from requisitioning department.
- Develops an efficient and accurate system for monitoring all open purchase orders.
- Works with the distribution and receiving teams to ensure that all deliveries satisfy the assigned purchase orders and report any back-ordered or missing products.
- Resolves all invoice discrepancies
- Interprets and applies system procurement rules and policies consistently and with sound judgement
- Verifies PO order placement and receipt confirmation via GHX and makes necessary adjustments to purchase orders.
- Processes returns as requested and/or required. Manages return goods authorization (RGA) process as required including receipt of credits as appropriate
- Ensures and facilitates vendor credentialing within the System vendor management system for assigned service line / department as appropriate.
- Assists Supply Chain Contracts team and assigned departments by providing reports and purchasing guidance when requested
- Assists Supply Chain Data Systems team with appropriate item and vendor file assistance as needed.
- Assists Value Analysis teams with data elements to assist with projects.
- Assists Receiving department with resolving shipments in error with orders.
- Provides assigned service lines / department end users & requisitioners with system requisition processes training as necessary.
- Assists assigned services lines / departments with sourcing and vendor options
- Ability to explain and clarify purchasing procedures to internal departments as well as vendors.
- Minimum 2 years office experience with emphasis on basic business, supply chain or accounting principles. Required and Ability to develop relationships and communicate effectively Required
- Working knowledge of automated materials management information systems (MMIS) Required
- Previous buying experience, or ability to demonstrate comparable knowledge and skills in procurement processes. Preferred
- Knowledge of medical/surgical products, services and/or vendors utilized in a hospital setting Preferred
- General knowledge of commodities in area of specialization Preferred