Credit Union Branch Manager
Credit Union Branch Manager position available in Tupelo, MS
Job Summary: Supervise, manage, coordinate and control Credit Union services and activities of the branch office.
- Manage, supervise, train, evaluate, interview for employment, discharge with approval and direct personnel.
- Train and coach personnel on the skills to provide outstanding service and in the selling and cross selling of Credit Union services.
- Provide motivation, tools and monitor results in order to develop a strong sales and service culture.
- Conduct meetings for the purpose of training and/or reviewing procedures, services or branch sales and service results.
- Conduct individual employee annual reviews and employee sales and services reviews. Perform a minimum of 4 observations per employee per year.
- Ensure that members are serviced professionally, promptly and efficiently.
- Responsible for branch compliance with all Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Responsible for completion of criminal referral reports in instances involving apparent violation of law and suspected or known criminal activity such as theft or fraud.
- Function as a Loan Officer.
- Responsible for loan documentation and quality of all loans made in the branch.
- Resolve member problems and complaints.
- Responsible for developing new business needed to reach branch growth goals. Will complete required monthly reports to document activity for current and prospective Business Partners.
- Will regularly share progress with the President and CEO or the Operations Manager.
- Regularly conducts dynamic sales and informational presentations to sign up new Business Partner liaisons, asking for access to the employees for on-site events and providing liaisons with information about the Credit Union to distribute to their employees.
- Aggressively prospects and generates new Business Partner and member sales leads through cold calls, in person and via the phone.
- Proactively engages attendees at trade shows and community functions to recruit new Business Partners and members and to enhance the Credit Union’s visibility with the community.
- Provide supply orders on a monthly basis.
- Assist with debit card functions as needed.
- Assist with SEG Group payroll deduction functions as needed (or handle independently).
- Handle credit card/debit card issues for branch as needed.
- Responsible for submitting yearly branch budgets and remaining with approved personnel and operating budgets.
- Maintain approved level of cash in accordance with Board Policy Compliance Policies.
- Responsible for the assignment and performance of audits of vault cash, cash drawers, cash dispensers, ATM’s, and gift cards with the required compliant record keeping.
- Maintain a recap of employee outages for each month and take necessary disciplinary action if needed. Also, submit a written explanation of all outages to the Operations Manager.
- Responsible for branch office security and safety.
- Submit recommendations for changes to Credit Union policies or procedures.
Maintains and projects the Credit Union’s professional reputation through all communications and appropriate attire to convey a proper business image at offsite corporate event
QSS IS AN EOE
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years Credit Union or related financial experience.
- Must have the ability to supervise and manage employees and be able to maintain an effective and efficient work schedule.
- Minimum of two (2) years of sales experience with some experience in business-to-business sales.
- Business-to-business sales is defined as an outside sales position where the majority of one’s job was selling products and services to businesses.
Confidentiality Requirements: Must keep members' transactions and other Credit Union business in strictest confidence.
Travel Demands: Must be able to travel as necessary. Overnight travel may be required from time-to-time.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Undergraduate degree in related field preferred