Flint, MI 48532
Experienced customer service representative with prior insurance billing knowledge needed. Excellent typing and data-entry skills a must with good written and verbal communication skills required. This position requires a customer focused individual who can also work well in a team environment.
- Must be detailed-oriented and able to make decisions.
- Must be organized and able meet daily department deadlines.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide positive customer assistance with billing and general questions via telephone and e-mail.
- Answer incoming calls and resolve customer issues in a professional manner.
- Enter information into computer for new applications, process cancellations and various data entry functions.
- Prepares and sorts source documents; identifies, interprets and verifies accuracy of data to be entered.
- Contacts various customers of source documents to resolve questions, inconsistencies or missing data.
- Opens mail and prepares all incoming documents for scanning, copying, and distribution to the appropriate staff for processing.
This is a part-time position (approx. 20 hours per week) but it is a good foot in the door.