Assistant Operator & Packer
Richmond, VA 23221 US
Are you a machine operator with experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment? Our client, a manufacturer of high-quality plastic bags, has an opening for you! Apply now to start the interview process!
Location: Richmond, VA 23231
Compensation: Based on Experience
Job Title: Converting Operator
Schedule: 2-3-2 Shift w/ 5-week day to night rotation, 6:45am – 7:00pm or 6:45pm – 7:00am
Under the direction of the Production Supervisor and designated Shift Leads, this position is responsible for operating bag machines and associated equipment in order to safely produce high-quality bags in accordance with the Job Safety Analysis (JSA’s), production schedule, set-up instructions, operating procedures, and quality specifications, etc. This position has multiple levels with advancement based on demonstrated Operator Knowledge and ability/department developed criteria.
- Understand and follow all JSA’s and safety procedures / policies
- Setup and Operate two bag machines and support equipment to convert HDPE film into bags
- Read and verify line orders/dockets
- Accurately navigate and input information in a production management system
- Understand printing job requirements by the specifications
- Set up the bag machine line by loading film and adjusting for size
- Mount cylinders, adjust pressure, tension and distribution of ink
- Troubleshoot stoppages and breakdowns; and, communicate clearly and accurately with appropriate personnel
- Perform quality checks of material being produced and complete related documentation
- Complete daily production paperwork
- Diagnose and complete minor repairs
- Relieve Assistant Operator / Packer during break periods
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Other duties as assigned
Education and other requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to work 12-hour day and night rotating shifts
- Work overtime as required
- Complete training courses as assigned by management
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation
- Sitting (rarely)
- Standing Constantly, 12 hours or more
- Walking Constantly, 12 hours or more
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs regularly
- Ability to carry up to 50 lbs regularly
- Pushing Often, 8-10 hours or more
- Stooping, Kneeling, Crawling (1-3 hours)
- Reaching, Grasping, Repetitive Motions (12 hours or more)
Why work for Qualified Staffing?
- We offer a fantastic benefits package to mall of our employees. This includes healthcare, vacation/holiday pay and 401K! In fact, these are the same benefits that we offer our corporate employees!
- Applying for one job with Qualified Staffing is like applying for hundreds of jobs all at once!
- We respond to every job applicant within 24-48 hours.