Hammond, IN 46320 US
ASSISTANT PLANT CONTROLLER
The Assistant Plant Controller will be responsible for financial reporting and analysis in the organization. Providing reporting and analysis to facilitate critical business decisions based on financial data. Supporting the plant operations through analysis of and by providing actionable information on key performance indicators and trends. Communicating with and coordinating plant and pision functions, promoting organizational success. Offering recommendations to reduce costs, increase profitability, or otherwise improve financial performance.
- Participate in the monthly, quarterly and year end close process. Ensure adherence to the financial statements compliance in accordance with US GAAP
- Support the Controller in delivering plant forecast per the Company's Operating Calendar and the development of annual Plant Budget
- Drive internal controls compliance throughout the organization and ability to demonstrate their effectiveness to Internal and External Auditors.
- Develop capital spend request business case(s). Coordinate review and approval with the Division management
- Responsible to support the semi-annual physical inventory to ensure that accuracy of the outcome
- Partner with Operations to identify and drive continuous improvements initiatives
- Must be able to work with various levels of the organization (Division, Operations, Commercial, Systems).
- Support the Controller in supervising and coaching the plant finance team
- Support weekly assessments for changes from the current forecast ( volume/mix, scrap, Freight, labor MFE, ect.)
- Create and/or Review and verifies the accuracy of month end journal entries and accounts reconciliation
- Monitor cash flows and drive cash flow forecast accuracy
- Track and report all capital projects completed in the facility
- Track the plant profitability by program (PPR) for the forecast and the month-end actual
- Support the Controller in the Quartly Attest and Quarterly SOX testing certification
- Responsible to support various meetings, ad hoc projects and/or requests for plants, pision, and corporate.
- Requires 5+ Years of Finance Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Prior accounting work experience OR BS or BBA in Accounting or related field (Finance or Economics)
- Strong Microsoft Excel Skills.
- Proven Analytical, Communications and Organizational skills.
- Ability to interface across multiple organizations, product lines and levels in the organization.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible and/or changeable schedule, especially during the month end close process
Bonus If You Have:
- Previous Budgeting & Forecasting experience for a multi-national organization.
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley and reporting requirements
- Prior Automotive Experience
- CPA a plus
- Experienced with Hyperion HFM, Hyperion Enterprise, Hyperion Retrieve or Equivalent