Imlay City, MI 48444
Do you consider yourself good with your hands and mechanically inclined? If so, call us today to apply for this FIRST shift job!
*Primary Functions*: This position is responsible for following procedures for product assembly/fabrication, equipment operation and care. Safety requirements are to be maintained as documented in the company's quality system.
*Duties and Responsibilities:*
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions in English
- Close attention to detail
- Function with a minimal amount of supervision or no supervision.
- Set work priorities to meet production goals as scheduled per assigned department.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those in contact on a day-to-day basis.
- Meet minimum standards of safety per assigned department.
- Meet minimum standards of housekeeping per assigned department.
- Run air and power hand tools.
- Read and interpret shop orders.
- Meet all QA and QC standards for each assembly task per assigned group.Insure parts are assembled per instructions for proper appearance and function.
- Assist in training entry level employees.
- Be compliant with all the rules of conduct and attendance per the company handbook.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and verbally communicate simple instructions, short correspondence and memos in English.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations at level required for successful job performance.
- Ability to read a tape measure and read orders.
- Prior tool or manufacturing experience preferred.
- Computer skills, Microsoft programs
- Mathematical skills; must have good knowledge of shop math.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must have general knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards.
- Be trained in Hazardous Materials Handling Operations with an annual refresher course.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one (1) to three (3) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.