Clio, MI US
Assembly positions in Houghton Lake and Clio, MI
Responsible for maintenance and building of bobtail and transport trucks; must have own tools, experience with working on heavy duty trucks; operating fork lift; accustomed to working in high elevations and confined spaces.
Responsible to assist with inventory management.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED.
Experience working on heavy duty/commercial vehicles, operating forklift and MIG welding.
Heavy Duty Truck Mechanic Certification in Drive Train, Brakes & Braking Systems, Suspension/Steering Systems Electrical Systems a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Capable of driving, backing up bobtail, in safe manner
- Able to work at high elevation and/or in confined space
- Able to obtain STS forklift certification and safely operate forklift/SkyTrack
- Able to safely operate overhead crane
- Assist with shop cleaning, emptying of trash cans, organization, etc.
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment
- Make use of time and remain productive
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards in a perse workplace
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and pision quickly and accurately
- Strong problem solving and documentation skills
1st Shift 6am-3:30pm Monday-Friday
$17.00-$19.00/hr depending on Experience
Please call Qualified Staffing if you are interested in this position