Assembly - 2nd Shift
Holly, MI 48442 US
Come work with a leader in electronic assembly. Located in Holly, our client is committed to quality and is looking for experienced employees to add to their team. 2nd shift available, $17.50/hr.
Apply Now or Call Qualified Staffing Lapeer at (810) 664-0573
SMT operators will work with SMT machines to solder small parts such as circuits, transformers, sockets, and other electronic components. Good manual dexterity is required to position, align, and place components for SMT machines, which must be tended by replenishing their supplies and programming them in an efficient manner.
• Picks components and prepares kits for manufacturing.
• Set-up and operate automated SMT assembly equipment including Screen Printer, Glue
Dispensing Machine, Pick and Place Machine, and Reflow Oven.
• Track machine performance and effectively communicate with management as problems arise.
• Interpret blueprints and work instructions to ensure product quality.
• Responsible for accessing company procedures and navigate shop floor controls.
• Utilize a manual, semi-automatic or automatic solder paste stencil machine
• Follow practices to ensure ISO standards are being met.
• Replace damage, missing, misplace and wrong used/mount resistors and capacitors and
other different components.
• Mount components such as transformers, resistors, capacitors, integrate circuits and sockets
on panel or print circuit board.
• Provide preventive maintenance, diagnose, and troubleshoot problems to increase company
• Perform all other as assigned.
• Must have 3-5 Years as SMT Operator• Valid IPC Certification or previously certified
• Must be familiar with Surface-Mount Technology (SMT) electronic components and SMT assembly
• Must be able to properly clean boards.
• Able to perform basic soldering and rework of SMT components.
• Able to perform visual inspections of SMT assemblies.
• Able to interpret IPC standards for acceptability and customer specifications.
• Must be familiar with and able to use hand tools, screwdrivers, pliers, cutters, etc.
• Preform house-keeping duties to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
• Professionally and effectively communicate both verbally and written with coworkers and
• A self-starter with good organizational skills and analytical skills.
• High School Diploma
• 3-5 Years as SMT Operator
• Valid IPC Certification or previously certified
• Regularly required: Standing/Walking 100%.
• Regularly Required: repetitive movement of hands and fingers
• An Employee is required to lift 1 to 10 pounds constantly
• An employee may be required to lift 10 to 25 pounds occasionally
• Employee may lift up to 50 pounds on rare occasions.
• An employee may be required to twist at the waist.
Why work for Qualified Staffing?
- We offer a fantastic benefits package to all our employees. This includes healthcare, vacation/holiday pay, and 401K! In fact, these are the same benefits that we offer our corporate employees!
- Applying for one job with Qualified Staffing is like applying for hundreds of jobs all at once!
- We respond to every job applicant within 24-48 hours.