Aerospace Tooling Designer (Catia)
Macomb, MI 48042
3D design, layout and detailing of all tools assigned
- Comprehend general design standards and deliverables. Able to identify areas of potential design scope creep (requirements creep).
- Create 3D Jig & Fixture Tool Designs (both Static & Light Automation tools) and concepts in accordance to Technical Requirements using Catia V5.
- Create 2D Layout and Detail related and associative Tool Design drawings to meet specifications using Catia V5.
- Present Designs with support of Design Supervisors and or Engineering Manager to the customer through formal Design Reviews either in person and or remotely via Web Meetings.
- Create and document formal notes and action items as result of design review meetings with customers.
- Understand and work to all QMS procedures and work instructions
- Complete 3D Models/Designs & 2D Drawings on-time and within established budgets and schedules.
Education, Experience & Additional Requirements
- High School diploma or GED required.
- College education and exposure to specific area of interest to include industrial engineering, mechanical engineering or similar related field is a plus.
- 2+ years experience in a design and manufacturing environment, preferably in a aerospace tooling, but not required. Automotive Tooling experience is acceptable.
- Experience demonstrating mechanical aptitude for problem solving abilities and resourcefulness.
- 2+ years experience designing for and working within a Manufacturing environment.
- CATIA V5, Computer Aided Design (CAD) experience using Part Design, Assembly Design, Generative Shape Design and or previous training is a plus.
- Must be able to read an interoperate Mechanical drawings and blueprints.
- Experience using Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T)
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints and drawings.
- Ability to identify and find specifications
- Experience with Catia V5 systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office computer skills
- A demonstrated capability to think strategically and execute tactically.
- Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal.