Aerospace Structural Engineer
Chicago, IL US
STRUCTURAL ENGINEER (Aerospace) Direct Hire!
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an Aerospace Structural Engineer to join their team. The person will be responsible for delivering structural assessments of various turbomachinery components such as fans, compressors, combustors, nozzles, turbines, seals, and pressurized cases. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a broad spectrum of cutting-edge commercial and military gas turbine hardware with a high degree of ownership for structural integrity throughout the product life cycle. The principal will work in a collaborative environment with mechanical design, aerodynamics, manufacturing, project, and test engineering to efficiently develop final design configurations and support our growing product lines.
Role 100% on-site. Requires US Citizenship/ability to obtain Security Clearance.
- Plan, support, and document tests ranging from material characterization to component and full engine-based validation
- Use structural analysis methods to conduct test and failure investigations
- Deliver timely structural dispositions to production support requests
- Mentor design and analysis engineers to improve the durability of designs and existing analytical capabilities
- Develop analytical tools and methods to drive accuracy, innovation, and efficiency while meeting cost and schedule commitments
- Communicate analysis results to both internal and external customers
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant engineering experience
- Possess a demonstrated understanding of structural mechanics
- Proficient in Finite Element Analysis for static structural, vibratory, and heat transfer solutions. ANSYS experience is strongly desired
- The candidate must have intermediate to advanced knowledge of turbomachinery failure modes including low and high cycle fatigue, fracture mechanics, and creep
- Possess a working knowledge of gas turbine engines and associated manufacturing techniques
- Experience with FAA 14 CFR Part 33 certification requirements is a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate analysis results, conclusions, and recommendations
- The candidate must be able to work independently and manage multiple projects
- U. S. Citizenship status required. Position requires the ability to obtain a U. S. Government Security Clearance. Candidates selected may be subject to a U. S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.