Grand Rapids, MI US
Customer Service Representative
Shift: 3rd Sun-Thu 9pm to 5am
Location: Grand Rapids
The administrative support Customer Service position is responsible for the clerical operations necessary in shipping and receiving operations which can include phone calls, emails, processing paperwork and filing. To maintain positive customer relationships and handle customer issues with speed and professionalism. Knowledge of several computer software applications including, but not limited to; Synapse, MAVES, SAP, AX, Word, Excel and Yard view trailer tracker, is critical to data entry, keeping the flow of material moving efficiently in and out of the warehouse and troubleshooting customer related problems. Support personnel must be able and willing to help out where necessary to prevent warehouse issues.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Answer and direct phone calls
• Communicate clearly with other facilities
• Manage email flow
• Data entry
• Complete bill of lading's (BOL) for outbound material
• Process receipts
• Respond to customer inquiries
• Proactively provide information to customers when issues occur
• Process, sort and distribute inbound and outbound paperwork
• Create orders
• Create spreadsheets
• Photocopy, scan, file and or fax documents
• Knowledge of applicable software; Maves, SAP, Yardview, AX, Excel, Word
• Prepare for audits
• Check materials and labels if they do not match the BOL's
• Scrap reports
• Trouble shoot product issues, inventory discrepancies and computer issues as they occur
• Follow all safety and security procedures
• Morale booster and team player
• Cycle counting for customers monthly inventory
• Railcar tracking and ordering on CSX website
• Handle miscellaneous issues as they occur
To perform the job successfully, an inpidual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
• Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming.
• Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
• Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands.
• Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
• Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
Why work for Qualified Staffing?
1. We offer a fantastic benefits package to all of our employees. This includes healthcare, vacation/holiday
pay, and 401K! In fact, these are the same benefits that we offer our Corporate employees!
2. Applying for one job with Qualified Staffing is like applying for hundreds of jobs all at once!
3. We respond to every job applicant within 24 – 48 hours.
4. We only work with the best client companies