Verona, VA 24482
Summary: *This position provides day-to-day administrative support to a team or department. In addition to typing, filing, and scheduling; performs duties such as coordination of meetings, obtaining supplies, coordinating direct mailings, and working on special projects as needed.*
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides general clerical assistance to a team or department.
- Prepares presentations, reports, memoranda, transcription, and data entry; composes letters and routine correspondence; and researches information
- Responsible for reception and telephone duties as needed, including signing for front office packages.
- Responsible for sorting and distributing mail.
- Administers office operations or specialized business functions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and develops alternative solutions. Works well in group problem solving situations and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations and responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and responds well to questions. Demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions and displays orientation to profitability. Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner and reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions and follows through on commitments.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma and 6 months of administrative assistant or customer service experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Internet software; Order processing systems and Project Management software. Expert-level proficiency in PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Word and Excel required.
Certificates and Licenses:
- None required.
- This position does not supervise others.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outdoor weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.