Accounts Receivable & Payable Specialist
Grand Blanc, MI
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to climb the ladder with a company!
They are ultimately looking for someone who can transfer into a controller position in the future.
Client is looking for an employee to start ASAP.
Position is on a temporary basis. Could be 2 week assignment or go into long-term.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am to 5pm
Accounts Receivable & Payable Specialist - Responsible for timely and accurate entry of accounts payable, development of payment proposals, collection and application of all customer receivables, generation of daily invoicing, collections calls as needed, and overall support to Finance/HR departments as needed.
Measurements of Performance:
- Maintain AR overdue of less than 1.75%
- Daily on-time billing
- Maximize early payment discounts and use of AMEX card where appropriate
- Personal goals and key objectives
Ideal Candidate will posses the following attributes:
- Highly organized
- Personable, likeable and a positive influence
- Ability to work and make decisions independently
- Motivated and ambitious
- Team player but independent to assess risk
Key Competencies, Knowledge and Skills:
- Detailed knowledge of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable processes
- General knowledge of account reconciliations and profit and loss accounts
- EDI payment process experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
Compensation & Requirements:
- Salary commensurate based on experience and performance
- Benefits and 401k
- 4 Years AR/AP experience or a Bachelors degree in Accounting
- Automotive industry experience preferred
- Manufacturing background EXPECTED
Qualified Staffing Qualifications:
- Must possess two years of current work history
- Must be able to pass thorough criminal background screening
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening