Accounts Payable Specialist
Midlothian, VA 23113 US
Looking for a position where you can utilize your detail-oriented personality? Our client, an innovative and leading uniform agency in Midlothian, is now hiring an Accounts Payable Specialist! Interviews are being conducted for immediate hire! Position: Accounts Payable SpecialistLocation: Midlothian, VACompensation: $18-22 / hour, Based on ExperienceSchedule: Monday – Friday JOB TASKS / FUNCTIONS:
- Process full cycle A/P including invoice coding and data entry, payment batches preparation, A/P checks printing and mailing.
- Reviews invoices for accuracy and works appropriate divisions to obtain invoice approvals.
- Researches and resolves payment discrepancies.
- Communicates with vendors via phone, email or mail.
- Tracks and secures W-9 forms for new vendors and prepare annual 1099 forms.
- Maintains monthly detailed schedules of select expense types and their deviations from budget; alert management of unusual spending; unexpected or unusual payments, etc.
- Prepares and posts month-end allocation entries for select expense types; keeps track of allocation accuracy.
- Maintains accurate records of inventory at decoration contractors by transferring received goods and adjusting out converted goods; research and resolve issues.
- Suggests improvements to the A/P process.
- Files invoices, expense reports and other documents maintained by the accounting department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic understanding of vendor invoices, purchase orders and receiving documents.
- Organized and the ability to be multi-tasked oriented.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively across departments.
- Attention to detail and timely data entry skills
- Analytical and problem- solver
- Proficiency in Sage ERP and Microsoft office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well independently and within a team environment
- HS Diploma, GED or equivalent
- One (1-3) year of relevant work experience, with an understanding of accounts payable and accounting.
- We offer a fantastic benefits package to all of our employees. This includes healthcare, vacation/holiday pay and 401K! In fact, these are the same benefits that we offer our corporate employees!
- Applying for one job with Qualified Staffing is like applying for hundreds of jobs all at once!
- We respond to every job applicant within 24-48 hours.