Lapeer, MI 48446
Do you have 1-2 years of accounting experience in a bank setting?
We have a great opportunity for someone who is open to a temporary assignment with a large financial institution in Lapeer. This assignment will last approximately 6 months.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of accounting principals
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excelling typing skills
- Ability to operate an adding machine
- Ability to operate a PC using Windows and Microsoft Office
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Associate s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or similar field of study
- 1-2 Years of accounting experience; preferably in a bank setting
Primary Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Balance ATM Processor back to the General Ledger System daily.
- Calculate daily cash and determine Federal Funds investments/purchases, and control daylight overdrafts at the Federal Reserve Bank
- Review wire maintenance for accuracy in output and input of customer accounts
- Post general ledger entries and input descriptions required on appropriate general ledger accounts
- Purchase and redeem funds from Federated for Commercial Sweep account investments
- Balance correspondent bank statements to the General Ledger system
- Correct MICR encoding errors on canceled checks, deposits on savings and demand deposits, loan payments, etc., to keep customers in balance with their statements.
Email your resume to Lapeer@q-staffing.Com and include the words "Accounting Clerk" in the subject line. Please also state why you are interested in this job and what your qualifications are for it. Thank you!