5 Axis Machinist - 3rd Shift
Lapeer, MI 48446 US
Our client, a Michigan based company that provides track systems, mechanical systems, armor products, fabricated structures, and rubberized products for military, agricultural, and construction applications, has several openings for a 5-Axis Machinists on 1st and 3rd shifts. $25 to $32/hr. based on experience.
These are direct positions and applicants must have advanced experience setting up and running 5-Axis Bridge Mills.
Apply Now or Call Qualified Staffing Lapeer at (810) 664-0573
Sets up and operates computer numerical control (CNC) machines to perform machine functions such as turning, boring, facing, and threading parts of metallic workpieces such as castings, forgings, and bar stock by performing the following duties.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, planning sheets, sketches, layout, job order and related technical data for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut, and determines setup procedures, control settings, material requirements, machining methods and sequence of operations.
- Prepares and pre-sets all tools needed for machining operations.
- Selects, positions, and secures tool in toolholder (chuck, collet, or toolpost).
- Positions and secures workpiece in holding device, machine table, chuck, centers, or fixtures.
- Moves controls to position tool and workpiece in relation to each other, and to set specified feeds, speeds, and depth of cut.
- Sets up fixture, starts machine, and turns handwheel to feed tool to workpiece or vice versa, and engages feed.
- Turns valve handle to direct flow of coolant or cutting oil against tool and workpiece.
- Starts machine and monitors displays and machine operation to detect malfunctions.
- Inspects first run piece and spot checks succeeding pieces for conformance to specifications (including documentation of results).
- Enters commands or manually adjusts machine controls to correct malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
- Changes worn tools and cleans machine, tooling, and parts.
- Operates bench grinder to sharpen tools.
- Performs light machine maintenance (check oil and coolant levels).
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent, and five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Why work for Qualified Staffing?
- We offer a fantastic benefits package to all our employees. This includes healthcare, vacation/holiday pay, and 401K! In fact, these are the same benefits that we offer our corporate employees!
- Applying for one job with Qualified Staffing is like applying for hundreds of jobs all at once!
- We respond to every job applicant within 24-48 hours.