1st shift Welder
Imlay City, MI 48444
Must be proficient in MIG and STICK welding. Must read blueprints and perform shop math to layout, fabricate, and weld various parts and assemblies. Must be able to weld all types of metals, set and maintain welding machine (tip and liner changes, etc.) and weld vertical, horizontal, and overhead. Able to complete all tasks in said work center by standard time allowed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions in English.
- Close attention to detail.
- Function with a minimal amount of supervision or no supervision.
- Set work priorities to meet production goals as scheduled per assigned department.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those in contact on a day to day basis.
- Meet minimum standards of safety per assigned department.
- Meet minimum standards of housekeeping per assigned department.
- Perform all MIG and STICK welding, including machine settings, bottles and necessary fitting.
- Welding of mild steel and aluminum where required.
- Grind and clean area where required.
- Able to use grinder, sander, rivet guns, saws and other air tools.
- Inspect welds for cracks, burn through and weld splatter.
- Read and understand assembly prints, pick lists, sales orders, and shop orders.
- Have knowledge of all welding and assembler operations in the work center.
- Be compliant with all the rules of conduct and attendance per the company handbook.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Ensure that hazardous waste that is handled is placed into the proper container(s).
- Maintains all satellite and storage containers in a closed position unless adding or removing waste.
- Familiar with Hazardous Waste Contingency Plan.
- Knows spill response procedures and evacuation routes.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and verbally communicate simple instructions, short correspondence and memos in English.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, blue prints, assembly drawing, schematics and other written or verbal instructions presented in English.
- Ability to read English and Metric tape measures and use measuring devices.
- Ability to perform all operations within acceptable quality and time standards.
- Ability to recognize quality expected and be able to reproduce it.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical skills; must have good knowledge of shop math.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must have general knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one (1) to three (3) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.