1st shift Welder
$13.50 Imlay City, MI 48444
Must be proficient in MIG and STICK welding. Must read blueprints and perform shop math to layout, fabricate, and weld various parts and assemblies. Must be able to weld all types of metals, set and maintain welding machine (tip and liner changes, etc.) and weld vertical, horizontal, and overhead. Able to complete all tasks in said work center by standard time allowed.
Pay Disclaimer: There is the opportunity to earn more money after proving yourself for a period of time.
A welding test will be administered during the interview.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and verbally communicate simple instructions, short correspondence and memos in English.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, blue prints, assembly drawing, schematics and other written or verbal instructions presented in English.
- Ability to read English and Metric tape measures and use measuring devices.
- Ability to perform all operations within acceptable quality and time standards.
- Ability to recognize quality expected and be able to reproduce it.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions in English.
- Close attention to detail.
- Function with a minimal amount of supervision or no supervision.
- Set work priorities to meet production goals as scheduled per assigned department.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those in contact on a day to day basis.
- Meet minimum standards of safety per assigned department.
- Meet minimum standards of housekeeping per assigned department.
- Perform all MIG and STICK welding, including machine settings, bottles and necessary fitting.
- Welding of mild steel and aluminum where required.
- Grind and clean area where required.
- Able to use grinder, sander, rivet guns, saws and other air tools.
- Inspect welds for cracks, burn through and weld splatter.
- Read and understand assembly prints, pick lists, sales orders, and shop orders.
- Have knowledge of all welding and assembler operations in the work center.
- Be compliant with all the rules of conduct and attendance per the company handbook.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Ensure that hazardous waste that is handled is placed into the proper container(s).
- Maintains all satellite and storage containers in a closed position unless adding or removing waste.
- Familiar with Hazardous Waste Contingency Plan.
- Knows spill response procedures and evacuation routes.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 40#’s without assistance.
- Ability to work from various squatting, kneeling or bending positions.
- Ability to work with arms above head.
- Ability to stand or walk within the manufacturing environment for eight hours per day (minus specified breaks).
- Ability to safely use specified forklifts.
- Ability to operate and understand the operation of all protective safety equipment in the area.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Hand-Eye coordination.
- Required to handle and dispose of hazardous waste.
- Ability to work in noisy and dusty conditions.
Apply on-line at www.q-staffing.com and select Lapeer as your servicing branch.
For fastest consideration, call our office for an appointment at (810) 664-0573
Check out our Facebook page at: