1st Shift- Assembly Technicians
Gordonville, TN 38563 US
POSITION DESCRIPTION: ASSEMBLY TECHNICIAN
Location: Gordonville, TN
Shifts Available: 1st, 2nd & 3rd.
Job Summary: The function of this job title is to perform all phases of work entailed in the assigned operation. May perform various functions and run more than one specific operation as part and parcel of the scope of this position. Operations include machining, assembly, and painting of components and/or completed driveshafts. All operations require working safely, following standardized work instructions and ensuring quality, to achieve a completed driveshaft assembly for light duty application in various makes and models of pick-up trucks and sport utility vehicles.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions in the calculations for Statistical Process Control (SPC) measurements and charting techniques.
- Ability to read and understand written processes, work instructions, and safety rules and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret metric measurements, using various measuring tools.
- Ability to use, or learn to use, the equipment and tools used to perform this job.
- Review work schedule, check equipment, safety devices, mistake-proofing devices, components and supplies required to perform the work scheduled.
- Learn and perform all job steps and procedures (i.e. work instructions, processes, etc) to successfully perform the operation.
- Perform required housekeeping duties as required and as necessary.
- Complete all required paper work.
- Maintain equipment and tools as needed.
- Report all safety hazards, quality issues and/or material shortages to Team Leader.
- Work in a team environment and participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Know and adhere to the policies and procedures of the Quality Management System and the Environmental Management System.
- Know and adhere to all applicable safety rules and procedures.
- Cross train on other jobs as required.
- Force Exertion: 10 to 50 lbs. constantly, depending upon operation.
- Stand: 100% Sit: 0% Walk: Up to 75%
- Lift/Carry: 5 to 40 lbs., depending on operation
- Lift bulky items (i.e., totes, boxes, etc.): Up to 50 lbs, occasionally in some operations.
- Static push/pull: Up to 35 lbs.
- Grasping Minimum: 10 lbs.
- Full range of motion required: Cervical, Shoulders, Elbows, Wrists, Fingers, Hands, Back, Knees, and Feet.
- Job Function Cycles (repetitious): 200 to 1500 per shift, depending upon operation
- Working Conditions: 100% Inside with Concrete Floors. Depending on operation the following conditions may exist: Moderate Noise, Moderate Vibration, Moving Mechanical Parts, Chemicals, Dust, Slick Floors, Narrow Access.
- Must pass Pre-employment Drug Screen.
- Must be a US Citizen, or a legal alien.
- Must be 18 years of age, or older.
- Must have earned a High School Diploma, or a GED.
- Must not have had any felony convictions within the past 7 years.
- Must have two work references or 6 months employment experience.
- Must meet the physical requirements for this position.
For more information or to schedule an interview, give us a call/text today 931-303-0026.
Qualified Staffing Cookeville
620 S. Jefferson Ave.
Cookeville, TN 38501
Why work for Qualified Staffing?
1. We offer a fantastic benefits package to all our employees. This includes healthcare, vacation/holiday pay and 401K! In fact, these are the same benefits that we offer our corporate employees.
2. Applying for one job with Qualified Staffing is like applying for hundreds of jobs all at once!
3. We respond to every job applicant within 24-48 hours.