Technology Service Center Representative
Southfield, MI | Technical
With the goal of providing superior service and first contact resolution, delivers front line technical support to customers via multiple communication channels in a customer contact center environment. Uses detailed instructions, established procedures and prescribed guidelines to resolve technical issues and complete tasks for end users.
- Provides solutions to a wide variety of technology related problems, issues, and questions or escalates to appropriate support area
- Enters complete and accurate information into contact tracking database and follows up with customer as needed to provide total ticket ownership
- Utilizes knowledge management tools to help resolve client issues
- Assists clients in completing online forms to attain various systems, services, hardware, software, and/or entitlements
- Assists customers in performing basic software installations
- Conducts basic diagnoses of software/hardware to troubleshoot connectivity problems
- Escalates trends and outages as needed to leadership and for Service News postings
- Manages time in customer contact center setting and documents time via activity codes
- Utilizes required activity codes to provide awareness of non-phone related activities
- Will be accountable for carrying on-call phone and responding to calls on a rotating basis
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION BEFORE YOU APPLY.
Experience and Skills:
- At least 2 years of recent help desk troubleshooting experience
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, or related degree preferred
- May work a non-standard shift including nights and/or weekends and/or have on-call responsibilities
- Basic technical knowledge of the following preferred: o Installing, troubleshooting and maintaining computer hardware and software
- Operating systems (OS)
- Mobile devices
- Business applications
- Security products
- Financial services applications a plus
- Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message
- Analysis: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions.
- Managing Work: Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently
- Applied Learning: Assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner
- Building Customer Loyalty: Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Initiating Action: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive
This is a 6 month contract located in Southfield, MI.