Waynesboro, VA | Machine Operator
- Before beginning the operations of the equipment, CNC Operator must perform an overall check of the machinery to be sure that all aspects are running correctly.
- CNC Operator is responsible for conducting checks of greasing, oiling, and degreasing components of machinery.
- The CNC Operator must conduct quality checks on length, diameter, width and overall appearance including quality checks for burrs, dents, dings and defective trim at a rate and/or time as directed on the QC workcard.
- Prepare boxes for completed product, including set up and retrieve paper for packing in between layers.
- Check customer order and communicate with Shipping clerk to prepare the appropriate labels.
- Remove cans from line and pack into correct boxes.
- Pack boxes on a skid as specified.
- Dump all scrap in scrap bin and throw away waste material.
- Completes production reports for CNC Supervisor.
- Complete any other tasks as assigned by management including: assisting management in the training of new employees, compliance with ISO9001:2008 and TSI694 certification guidelines and that maintenance of a clean and organized work area.
- Fill coolant with proper concentration.
- Maintain downtime log book.
- High School Graduate preferred. Basic reading, writing and math skills required. Will be working with Calipers and Micrometers.
- Employees will spend most of day standing and/or walking.
- Required lifting: Up to 50 lbs.
- Manufacturing environment – may be dirty and loud.
- Employees will work around moving machinery.
- May come in contact with wet conditions such as coolant and water.
Job Type: Full-time - 12 hour shifts. Must be available to work nights.
- High school or equivalent
- CNC: 1 year