Oshkosh, WI | Welder/Fabricator
Would you like to work for a company that is known for offering the most diverse steel products? Seeking welders that can help continue with the company's legacy of producing high quality products.
• Work with parts and material by either moving by hand or when necessary using jib or overhead crane and/or forklift
• Measure material after asking to ensure compliance with customer specifications.
• Completes inspection reports after inspecting and measuring the material
• Perform preventive maintenance as needed including (but not limited to) wiping down torches and equipment.
• Complete assigned duties in accordance with safety policies and practices
• Wear approved personal protective equipment such as safety shoes, gloves, weld helmet, safety glasses, etc.
• Perform other duties as needed given by the bay supervisor, lead person or management.
• Set up and use ladders and scaffolding as necessary to complete work.
Hours: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm - 2:00am (with overtime as necessary on Fridays)
A minimum of one (1) year previous welding experience is preferred in an industrial atmosphere.
• Ability to read and understand measuring tools and equipment such as a tap measure, calipers and micrometer. Along with ability to read blueprints.
• Knowledge of welding equipment, materials and fuels.
• Ability to safely operate overhead cranes and forklifts.
• Ability to perform including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of fractions as well as convert fractions to decimals or vice versa.